WE ARE IGDB!
Welcome Home, Gamer!
We love games, we grew up with games and now we are on a mission of monumental proportions: to become the single source of truth about gaming and offer the ultimate online platform for gamers across the world.
IGDB is your home for everything related to video games and we want to be a part of your gaming life and provide you with the tools you need in your never ending pursuit to play games.
This is our community
- Keep track of your gaming history with the games you’ve played, are playing, and will play.
- Discover something new to play, no matter the platform!
- Create lists and save what matters to you.
- Hang out with fellow gamers and be social.
- Help IGDB and thousands of external projects to improve by contributing information about games, platforms and companies.
- Add and edit information about your game on the site.
- By adding information about your game to IGDB you also add your game to thousands of external projects and companies.
- Benefit from professional press kits (they’re automatically generated, and FREE!).
- Benefit from a live countdown if your game is about to release.
- Claim a verified profile if you are a professional (voice actor).
If you love video games as much as we do, you will fit right in. Welcome to IGDB.com!
In 2010, Christian (the founder of IGDB) got the idea to build a database all about video games. In 2013 he managed to get a hold of the domain IGDB.com. It soon became apparent however that he was not the only one with the same idea and was able to gather a team of enthusiasts who shared his passion. And so the project was able to start. Being a hobby on the side meant that we had to work evenings, weekends and occasionally during working hours in our former jobs.
In 2014 we managed to launch our first beta version of IGDB with a database containing around 200 game titles. Pretty soon thereafter our community started to grow and together with our beloved users we started building the greatest gaming database in the world.
In 2016, we secured our first investment which meant that we were finally able to start working full-time with IGDB. Everyone of us quit our old jobs, kissed our families goodbye and moved cross countries to relocate in Gothenburg, Sweden. Starting out in a 20 square meter room in an old industry building, IGDB now has their own office, with a branch in USA and co-workers from various countries working remote, breaking traditional boundaries.
Today we are 9 people in the crew, all with different personalities, talents and interests. But we do have one thing in common: our love for gaming.
Our story has just begun. We work relentlessly towards our vision to become the ultimate platform that all gamers deserve and have been waiting for a very long time.
Passion is at the heart and soul of our company. What we do is not a job, it’s a mission filled with dedication.
We care about our users, colleagues and clients, respecting the gaming industry as a whole.
We innovate together, fulfilling a vision without boundaries.
Motivation comes and goes but if you are driven you will overcome all challenges that comes in your way.
The road less travelled is an adventure by itself. We are not here to create ordinary things, instead we create the extraordinary. And then you need to do things differently from the rest.
As passionate gamers we want to empower everyone in the gaming industry by making our data easily available. We’ll never stop being unbiased and neutral.
Something that’s important to us is to remain unbiased and neutral, we will never side with a particular publication or company to give games an unfair advantages over others.